Thank you for your interest in employment with the Nelson County Schools. Before completing an application, please read the information below and follow the steps indicated:
You must have an active e-mail address to use the online application. If you do not have an e-mail address, you may go here to set up a free account before beginning your application.
Step 1: Application
To be considered as an applicant, you must provide the following:
- A completed application, which may be done online.
- Transcripts, if applicable to the position for which you wish to be considered. You may send copies in lieu of official transcripts; however, official transcripts are required at the time of employment.
- Three letters of recommendation are required for all applicants.
- Required documents may be submitted electronically with the application or may be sent by mail to the following address:
Human Resource Department
Nelson County Schools
288 Wildcat Lane
Bardstown, KY 40004-9075
- Completed applications will be kept on file for one year.
The Nelson County Schools must obtain three references for each candidate considered for employment unless the applicant has had only one employer for the previous five years. Certificated applicants should provide information that includes their most recent principal or cooperating teacher, college supervisors' names, or other educational references deemed appropriate including current telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Classified applicants should provide the names of their three most recent employers including the supervisors' names, current telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses. Failure to provide accurate information will result in a delay in the employment process.
- Please complete the administrative application and provide the items listed above.
- In addition to the completed application, transcripts, and letters of recommendation, please submit a copy of your current Kentucky Administrative Certificate.
Certified Teaching Positions
- In addition to the completed application, transcripts, and letters of recommendation, please submit a copy of your current Kentucky Teaching Certificate. For certification information, contact the Educational Professional Standards Board, 100 Airport Road, 3rd Floor, Frankfort KY 40601. The telephone number is (888) 598-7667 or visit www.kyepsb.net.
Classified (non-teaching) Positions
- Please complete the classified application and submit transcripts (if applicable).
- If you are recommended for employment, a representative of the Human Resource Department will contact you to offer the position and arrange a time to complete the necessary paperwork. As part of the employment process, it will be necessary to complete a fingerprint clearance through the Kentucky Department of Public Safety and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The cost for fingerprinting must be paid at the time employment paperwork is completed.
Step 2: Interview
Once you have completed the application process, your file will be reviewed and considered for employment. A formal screening interview may be scheduled either in person or by telephone. When the review process is completed, your application may be considered for existing vacancies for which you qualify.
To view vacant positions, please click here.
Step 3: Appointment
- If you are recommended for employment, a representative of the Human Resource Department will contact you to offer the position and arrange a time to complete the necessary paperwork.
Please note: Only a representative of the Human Resource Department is authorized to make offers of employment.
Step 4: Orientation
Certified employees must attend new teacher orientation.
Classified employees must attend a new employee orientation session following acceptance of employment.