Foster Heights Huskies
Begin With the End in Mind
Dismissal Procedure Change
As a Husky Parent, we want to synergize with you to provide the best customer service possible this school year, by practicing Habit 2-Begin with End in Mind. School will dismiss promptly at 3:15pm each day, your child has 3 options for dismissal.
Option 1 -Bus Rider, first run buses leave at 3:15 each day, second run buses leave at 3:40. Bus transportation is convenient and safe for all.
Option 2- After School Childcare-Students have the opportunity to stay after school, they are provided a snack and homework support. There is a cost of $30 a week for 3 days; or $50 a week for 5 days. After school hours are 3-6 PM.
Option 3- Car Rider, to be proactive we are reorganizing our process for car rider pick up. Car Rider line will dismiss promptly at 3:15 at the back of our building, we have increased staff to load 6 students at a time. We will open your passenger side door, help your children into the car and ask that you advance the line again promptly. Your car rider tag must be located inside of the vehicle, if you forget your tag, you will need to park and check in at the office after 3:45. Office will be closed from 3:15-3:45 to assist with dismissal.
The process of checking out students through the gym was a safety concern so we are discontinuing this process. We know our line will be long, but if you will review the map below, and follow the pick up procedures and expectations, we feel we can provide the very best customer service possible. We appreciate your patience with us the first few weeks as we get into the routine, and to get everyone used to the new procedures.
Car Rider Tags will be given out at the Back to School Picnic (2 per family).
Car Rider Line Expectations:
1. Once you are assigned your car rider tag number, please review the number with your children so they know the number.
2. Inform your children and teacher they are a car rider in advance.
3. Car Rider tag located inside the vehicle.
4. Plan to arrive at school no earlier than 3pm each day to prevent traffic flow problems on Muir Ave.
5. If you do not have car rider tag, park and enter the front office to check your student out. The Office will be closed from 3:15-3:45.
6. Enter car rider line on Muir Ave.
7. Advance through the line quickly.
8. Leave entrances at the front of school clear for buses to easily pass.
9. Remain in a single line.
10. Please use all 6 loading and unloading slots for cars.
11. Please do not pick up or release children outside the safe zone.
12. Load children into passenger side only.
13. School staff will open door and assist children as they enter the vehicle.
14. Pull over to the parking lot if you need to assist with buckling.
15. After pick up, advance through the line and turn right on Muir to exit by First Street only.
As with any drive thru service we know issues will arise, but we will be trying our very best to ensure quick and quality service each and every day. We appreciate your support of our new program.
If you have further questions, please contact the school office at 502-349-7030 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please reference the attached map for traffic flow guidelines. Thank you in advance for your synergy with us to provide safe service for you and your children.