Nelson County High School is now taking nominations for its 2017 Athletic Hall of Fame. All nominations and supporting information are due by Friday, Sept. 22.
Go to the nomination form by following this link.
Nominees may be entire teams, individual players, coaches, or support staff. Support staff are those involved in administration, volunteers, middle school coaches, boosters, sports medicine practitioners, or sports media personnel.
Current members of the Hall of Fame are the following:
- 1996 NCHS state championship football team
- Dan Bradley, current track and cross-country coach
- Bill Broaddus, current NCHS athletic director
- Patricia Reed Berry, former cheerleading coach
- Chris Carson, boys’ soccer
- Samantha Drake, girls’ basketball
- Ron Greenwell, journalist
- Minor Harmon, longtime boys’ and girls’ basketball coach
- Virgil Livers, football
- Mike Lusk, longtime softball coach
- O.P. McCubbins, wrestling
- Crystal Mattingly-Denton, girls’ soccer
- Megan Newcomb, girls’ track
- Ernest Ruby, first boys’ basketball coach
- Kristen Zutterman, softball/girls’ basketball/girls’ soccer