TNHS and NCHS cross-country teams invite students, grades kindergarten through 8, to the 9th annual Popsicle Races.
The first race is Wednesday, Aug. 16, at Thomas Nelson High School. The series then continues for five Wednesday nights moving among Thomas Nelson, Nelson County, Bethlehem, and Bardstown cross-country courses.
Open to all area youngsters, students will run in races of varying distances based on grade level or experience. The series is designed to be fun for all ages as we aim to provide young runners a chance to experience cross-country and earn some popsicles.
Races are free. Sign-ups open at 5:30 p.m. each Wednesday with the first race going off at 6 p.m.
- Aug. 16 - Thomas Nelson High School
- Aug. 23 - Nelson County High School
- Sept. 6 - Thomas Nelson High School
- Sept. 13 - St. Thomas School off New Haven Road
- Sept. 20 - Nelson County High School
- Sept. 27 - Salt River Electric Co-op on Templin Avenue
For more information, contact Matt Hoyes.